EEG Video is a privately-owned media technology company with customers including nearly all of the largest broadcasting, cable, and OTT/streaming media players in the United States. Our primary focus is video accessibility in the form of closed captions, benefiting the deaf and hard-of-hearing, language learners, and anyone who has ever watched a video on “mute.” Our pioneering role in IP-based live captioning systems was recognized when EEG received a Science & Technology Emmy® award in 2015.
We have a talented and growing staff focusing on fast-paced solutions to customer-focused challenges such as new ultra-HD and IP-driven media formats, artificial intelligence and automation, and migration of video production technology to cloud-powered platforms and workflows.
At EEG, we are seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our team and improve the infrastructure and day-to-day processes that keep our accessibility technology solutions running. If this role is interesting to you, please apply below!
The position is temporarily remote (due to COVID), with plans to move onsite at EEG's manufacturing and shipping office in Farmingdale, NY.
- Maintain and improve the architectures of EEG’s cloud services, as well as assist the engineering team to design and build new services with deployment, availability, and scalability in mind
- Manage our cloud infrastructure (compute instances, databases, etc.) that is relied upon by an ever-growing customer base
- Improve real-time monitoring of services to allow the team to address and resolve issues proactively
- Debug and troubleshoot live production issues, which will occasionally occur off-hours
- Develop procedures to ensure team members follow best practices for server configuration, database configuration, etc.
- Work closely with developers to find ways to automate and improve existing processes
- Work with the Technical Support team to triage/catalog issue reports
- Document and monitor processes and performance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience and knowledge of cloud management, deployment, and distributed systems architecture with Amazon Web Services (Selected list of AWS technologies that we use: CloudFormation, VPC, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, Lambda, Step Functions)
- Effortless fluency in one or more programming languages (most of existing deployment code base is in Python)
- Feel right at home at the Linux command line
- Extensive, in-the-trenches experience maintaining live production systems
- Knowledge of best practices for software development and deployment architecture
- Ability to articulate technical ideas clearly in team meetings
- Experience working with data security standards, vulnerability scanning, identity management, and other security best practices
- Deployment automation platform experience, particularly Ansible
- Experience with real-time streaming media systems
- Experience with documentation and process surrounding third party security reviews, and audit process and requirements for SOC 2 / ISO 27001 and similar data protection certifications
Pay and Benefits
- Pay: $100K-$150K per year
- Annual bonus of 5-20% based on individual, team, and company performance
- Company medical plan options
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid vacation/personal/sick days