Help us develop the closed captioning technology that makes media accessible to all. Join talented team members addressing challenging issues in a constantly evolving problem space.
EEG is a privately-owned media technology company with customers including nearly all of the largest broadcasting, cable, and OTT/streaming media players in the United States. Our primary focus is video accessibility in the form of closed captions, benefiting the deaf and hard-of-hearing, language learners, and anyone who has ever watched a video on “mute.” Our pioneering role in IP-based live captioning systems was recognized when EEG received a Science & Technology Emmy® award in 2015.
We have a talented and growing staff focusing on fast-paced solutions to customer-focused challenges such as new ultra-HD and IP-driven media formats, artificial intelligence and automation, and migration of video production technology to cloud-powered platforms and workflows.
The position is an in-person job at EEG's R&D office in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, working in a casual and fun environment.
We are seeking a software developer with a focus on front-end design to create and enhance interactive applications on our cloud services platform eegcloud.tv, corporate website eegent.com, and other new applications. Applications include live media monitoring, AI closed captioning, and transcription visualization and quality control.
The front-end developer should be able to guide all aspects of the visual style and user interaction pattern of the site and create a design that is both engaging and professional.
* "Entry level" candidate: graduate of a university computer science program and/or "bootcamp" training program, with a portfolio of student work demonstrating fluency with web development tools and a strong sense of design.
* "Experienced" candidate: 3+ years of professional experience in a front-end or full-stack software development position.
* Ability to visualize and execute user interface designs that are attractive, consistent, and sensitive to the quality of user experience
* Sufficient fluency in databases, deployment technologies, and hosting technologies to bring front end ideas into action
* Passionate about your craft and committed to doing things `The Right Way`, always optimizing for maintainability and seeking process improvements
* Thrives when working autonomously, setting reasonable goals for yourself and updating the rest of the team on progress or roadblocks you may face
* Eager to learn about new technologies and dive into the latest open source tools
* Understands that the code isn't done when the core logic has been implemented and always includes proper error handling, logging, etc. for when the software inevitably doesn't act quite how you thought it would
Extra experience with some of the following will earn you serious bonus points:
* Streaming Media players in HTML5 and RTMP
* Cloud management, deployment, and distributed systems architecture with Amazon Web Services
* Web and UI design or other experience in a B2B technology environment
$60K - $90K annual base salary depending on experience, with additional annual bonuses of 5-20% based on individual, team, and company performance
Company medical plan options, 401(k) with matching, and paid vacation/personal/sick days