iCap PC Client Software: 2.10.1
This is a full installation package for the iCap Captioner software used for monitoring audio, video, and captions from an EEG or other iCap-compatible encoder. The software connects locally on your PC to a steno-captioning software package for generation of live caption data.
Press "Request Update" for the install.
What's New in: 2.10.1
- New menu in "Language" to support multiple audio programs associated with different language streams from the primary encoder on your access code
- Beginning in this version, your PC software will automatically switch to an alternate audio stream when you enter a Service 2 or higher access code. If you want to hear the primary audio program as in older software versions, use the "Language" menu to switch back to "Program 0" once you have connected to the access code.
To install iCap, double-click on the provided icap.msi file. iCap is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10. Your computer must have a sound card and speakers (or headphones) to avoid errors when initializing the audio monitoring features.
For most upgrades, it is not necessary to uninstall previous versions of iCap. However, if you do have trouble installing a new version, particularly over a much older version, a full uninstall of the older version may resolve the issue.
You can check your version at any time by opening the iCap software and navigating in the toolbar to Help | About.
- German extended character set added to iCap VC voice captioning extension
- Ability to connect to access codes for languages 5 & 6 on a compatible encoder
- Corrected iCap VC crashes when using Service 3 and higher access codes
- Fixed an issue where Start button would become inaccessible following recovered or redirected IP connections
- Corrected iCap VC "all caps" setting for accented letters
- Correction of field labels in Audio Tools statistics display
- Message beeps for mode input warning now follow general Message Beeps setting
- Added an option to disable the notifications displayed when caption data is incoming from the steno package but "START" button to enter iCap write mode is not pressed. The option is found in the iCap Window menu.
- New notification when caption data is incoming from the steno package but "START" button to enter iCap write mode is not pressed
- New notification when caption data may be being ignored or mishandled by an encoder at the other end because it is not wrapped in CTRL+A / EEG Smart Encoder commands
- Improved reconnection behavior to ensure audio connection resumes smoothly after a temporary network loss
- Fixes to crashes reported with iCap Video when using multiple backspace commands
- Fixes a bug from version 2.9.16 that caused false notification messages to enter mode